Act Now to Save Our Garden
Write Mayor de Blasio Today!
Dear Neighbors and Friends,
As a member of our community, we urgently need your help and your voice.
Write Mayor de Blasio and tell him that you oppose the City’s looming plan to issue a Request For Proposal to developers to build affordable housing that would destroy Elizabeth Street Garden!
We need to act fast to dissuade the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development, as this could happen imminently.
How You Can Help:
- Write the mayor. Personalize your letter with a short statement about why the Garden is important to you.
- Forward this call to action to your neighbors and friends.
- Join the conversation in social media.
- Express your opposition to the City’s plan.
- Share photos of your favorite moments at the Garden.
- Tag with #elizabethstreetgarden and #ESGSaveOurGarden.
Jeannine Kiely, President
Friends of Elizabeth Street Garden
Friends of Elizabeth Street Garden serves hundreds of daily visitors and volunteers and regularly publishes a newsletter to 5,000 subscribers.
The effort to defend our open spaces also depends on many dedicated organizations working together, and we are grateful to the 16 parks and community groups that support our cause:
- American Society of Landscape Architects, The New York Chapter
- 596 Acres
- Friends of Petrosino Square
- Green Below 14
- Green Guerrillas
- Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens
- New York City Community Garden Coalition
- New Yorkers for Parks