Act Now to Save Our Garden
Write Mayor de Blasio Today!
Dear Neighbors and Friends,
As a member of our community, we urgently need your help and your voice.
Write Mayor de Blasio and tell him that you oppose the City’s looming plan to issue a Request For Proposal to developers to build affordable housing that would destroy Elizabeth Street Garden!
We need to act now to dissuade the NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development, as this could happen imminently.
How You Can Help:
- Write the mayor and forward this action to your neighbors and friends asking them to write a letter too.
- Share this tweet and Facebook post.
- Join the discussion on social media. Use #elizabethstreetgarden and #ESGSaveOurGarden.
Thanks to the hundreds of supporters who have already sent letters to the mayor!
Friends of Elizabeth Street Garden serves hundreds of daily visitors and volunteers and regularly publishes a newsletter to more than 5,000 subscribers.
The effort to defend our open spaces also depends on many dedicated organizations working together, and we are grateful to the 16 parks and community groups that support our cause:
- American Society of Landscape Architects, The New York Chapter
- 596 Acres
- Friends of Petrosino Square
- Green Below 14
- Green Guerrillas
- Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens
- New York City Community Garden Coalition
- New Yorkers for Parks